Friday, October 21, 2011

The Very First LV Rolex Submariner Prototype Reference 16610 LV: Mark 0

The Very First LV Rolex Submariner Prototype
Reference 16610 LV: Mark 0

People ask me what my favorite Rolex of al time is, and my answer is the original LV Submariner. I love the original LV for many different reasons. In particular, I love the Maxi Markers, fat hands and the tri-tone look the green bezel insert offers. The LV is sporty, aquatic, and its design language is pure classic Rolex.

So where did the LV Submariner come from? I will give you a hint. this is the very first photo Rolex ever published of the LV Submariner. It is actually a prototype. How can you tell? Notice the lugs have exposed spring bar holes. Ironically, Rolex NEVER sold this watch with this feature, but it all began with this photo.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...